You are using an outdated browser. To have the best experience use one of the following browsers:
How you can reach
- The SILENA is situated at 1,354 meters above sea level, embedded in the green pasturelands of the Vals Valley, at the foot of the Gurnatspitz.
- Only a few steps away from our hotel is the valley station of the Jochtal mountain cablecar which brings you directly to the ski and holiday area Gitschberg-Jochtal.
- The mountain village of Valles is about 20 minutes by car away from the highway exit Bressanone (Brixen).
- The nearest rail station is in Rio di Pusteria (Mühlbach), only a 10-minute drive away.
Arriving by car
- The address for your Navi or route planner is: Via Birchenwald 10, 39037 Rio di Pusteria/Valles, South Tyrol, Italy.
- If you are arriving from the north / via the Brennero to SILENA then take the highway A22 in the direction of Bolzano-Verona (Bozen-Verona) and leave at the exit Val Pusteria/Bressanone (Pustertal/Brixen).
- If you are arriving from the south, leave the highway A22 at the exit Val Pusteria/Bressanone (Pustertal/Brixen).
- Having left the highway, take the road to Val Pusteria.
- Stay on this road for 4 km until you reach the tunnel.
- Turn right before the tunnel in the direction of Rio di Pusteria (Mühlbach).
- In Rio di Pusteria (Mühlbach) follow the signs in the direction of Valles, up to the left.
- On the village road from Valles keep straight on in the direction of the "Bergbahne Jochtal".
- At the valley station of the Jochtal cable car then turn right to the SILENA.
Arriving by train
We would be delighted if you have an environment-friendly journey. You were already able to relax on the train to South Tyrol.
- We will collect you and your baggage of course free of charge, from the rail staion. Just let us know which rail station is the most practical for you: Fortezza (Franzensfeste) or Rio di Pusteria( Mühlbach).
- Please order your rail staiton transfer with details of arrival time and station, no later than 12 pm, one day before your arrival, under firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can reach South Tyrol quite easily by train from Germany, Austria and West Switzerland. From Munich with the Eurocity (EC) directly via Innsbruck and Brennero to Fortezza.
- If you are coming by rail from East Switzerland then via Zernez-Malles to South Tyrol.
- Or maybe from East Tyrol via Lienz and San Candido to Fortezza.
- For further travel information: Deutsche Bahn, ÖBB, SBB
Arriving by plane
- There are some direct flights to Bolzano from Zürich, Hamburg, Düsseldorf and Berlino.
- Innsbruck Airport is about 1 1/4 hour away, Verona Airport about 2 1/4 hours away by car.
- From there you can take a rental car or train to get to us here. We will be happy to collect you from the rail station in Fortezza (Franzensfeste) or Rio di Pusteria (Mühlbach). Please book your stain pick-up under email@example.com.